Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ireland: We owe you one.


     Thank you, Emerald Isles. I cannot imagine the world without whiskey. Actually, scratch that. I can, and it's a terrible world. That world bereft of enjoyment; a world where sons and fathers never speak; a world where neighbors fight and orphanages burn. That world sucks.

     I'll admit, I'm more of a bourbon guy m'self, but Jameson Irish Whiskey is one of those drinks I'll gladly endorse. Any fan of whiskey should try an Irish whiskey at least once. It's good to get back to the roots of the things you love so much.

Price: Roughly $18.
Warm: The barley taste is incredibly smooth and clear with a crisp, clean bite.
Chilled: Some of the flavor is lost when chilled. I find that's a common issue with whiskeys.
Mixed: It blends quite well with citrus drinks. One of my favorite mixes for it is simply on the rocks with a twist of lemon.
Rated: 8
      The company claims that the triple distillation makes the drink so smooth. They're probably right. I'm not one to argue with professionals about their reasons. The only reason we didn't rate the drink higher is because of the price - there are some other tasty whiskeys and bourbons for a few bucks cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment